Thursday, June 3, 2010

An instant change in perspective.....

Lately, I've found myself feeling lost. Uncertain of who I am, where I'm going, what I'm good at, what I want, what I need, what I'm passionate about. In general, I've been floundering, looking for meaning and value in myself.

And in an instant, God snaps me out of it.

An instant change in perspective.

When I look into the eyes of my kids and I realize that to them, I am everything. I'm their whole world.

I'm wonderful.

I'm beautiful.

I'm special.

I'm smart.

I'm capable.

I'm trustworthy.

I'm dependable.

I'm warm.

I'm soft.

I'm loving.

I'm safe.

I am perfect, to them.

Knowing this erases so much of my self doubt and my wonder.

I'm important. Terribly important. I'm the world to these precious little kids. I'm shaping their hearts and their minds, I'm their warm, safe place.

Who am I? Wife, mother, giver of love and security.

What am I good at? Loving my family.

Where am I going? Into the future with a goal of being a better and more focused wife and mother, so I can keeping being what they need from me.

What do I want? To love my family for many, many, many years to come and to create a home that's safe and comforting, a safe haven, for all of us.

What do I need? God, and them. That's it.

What am I passionate about? Same as above!

God's really opening my eyes today, and clearing up a lot of the issues I was struggling with! I'm so uplifted with these understandings, I have so much, and I love what I have, and I to my family, I am very, very important, what else matters?

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment