Thursday, June 3, 2010

How Can I Possibly Want...........

When this is what I have:

Him
And her

And don't forget him
And our homeNot to mention our families, our friends, our health, our jobs, our church, our Faith and our Lord.

How can I possibly justify mourning over what I do not have when my life is brimming with gifts from God, when it is so full of love and beauty, and where opportunities for joy are abundant.

I have a life of abundance. How can I want for more?

I have been convicted on this matter today. This may be the first time I have actually ever felt convicted, and it's good. I let myself want, and be ungrateful for a while there, and now I'm back on track, attitude adjusted and feeling incredibly blessed, grateful, joyful and motivated!

Wanting what you do not have robs you of the joy of enjoying all that you already have.

And when I took inventory, I have so much to be joyful for!

This summer's project is to enjoy the people and situations God has placed in my life.

I want to revel in my husband.

Bask in the wonderfulness of my children.

Find joy and comfort in my home.

Create beauty in my home and yard.

Cultivate better relationships with our family and friends.

And deepen my relationship with God, and a major spring board for this will be my baptism, fast approaching on July 25th! Eeep! Exciting!

Anyway, this is me, standing convicted, I was coveting and pining over what is not mine and what I do not have, and shamefully neglected to appreciate what is mine and what I do have, the most amazing little family anyone could ever ask for (and they're all mine!!)

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment