Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Just sharing........

Today's a lazy day, I don't have much weighing on my mind, other then the cooking I have to get done for a big family holiday meal on the 25th. Other then that, I'm sitting back feeling pretty contented. Its Christmas, my family is getting together tonight and tomorrow, I'm getting my hair done this afternoon and we're planning on spending a fun night in, playing with the Wii and having Chinese food. Life is good.

But, because I know enough to not become complacent when things are seemingly good (learned that the hard way), I've still got my mind on my goals, and what I need to do to reach them! This blog is going to be so vital, for me that is, who needs to write and express and get things out. Writing helps me break things down and process them, it helps me make sense of where I am, where I've been, and where I want to go. So, I don't want to blog neglect just because I'm having a good day with nothing in particular stressing me out, or inspiring me.

After all, there's always something to say!

So, here are the words to a fabulous song we heard in church probably a year or so ago. Our church band is fantastic and we have some great musicians who can really do lovely covers of mainstream songs. This song is called "The cure for pain" by Jon Foreman, and we heard it sang at a time when we REALLY need a cure for our pain, and we were so prepared to hear these words and soak them up, and this song has remained a part of my repertoire ever since. Just check out these words, and see if they don't speak to some area of your life right now, they might....

So I'm not sure why it always flows downhill
Why broken cisterns never could stay filled
I've spent ten years singing gravity away
But the water keeps on falling from the sky

And here tonight while the stars are blacking out
With every hope and dream I've ever had in doubt
I've spent ten years trying to sing these doubts away
But the water keeps on falling from my eyes

And heaven knows, heaven knows
I tried to find a cure for the pain
Oh my Lord! To suffer like you do
It would be a lie to run away

So blood is fire pulsing through our veins
We're either writers or fools behind the reigns
I've spent ten years trying to sing it all way
But the water keeps on falling from my tries

And heaven knows, heaven knows
I tried to find a cure for the pain
Oh my Lord! To suffer like you do
It would be a lie to run away
A lie to run
It would be a lie
It would be a lie to run away

It keeps on falling
It keeps on falling
It keeps on falling
It keeps on falling
Water keeps on falling from my eyes

And heaven knows, heaven knows
I tried to find a cure for the pain
Oh my Lord! To suffer like you do
It would be a lie to run away
It would be a lie to run away
It would be a lie to run away

I don't know why I find these words so powerful, but I really do, I love this song, its melancholy sound, its slow and easy and full of emotion, and it just really speaks to me.

If you want to give it a listen, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqYL1Bf8cs

Anyway, for now, I just wanted to share some good music with you. I love music, and think of it as very therapeutic, I love how I can find a song that seems to speak for me, in any occasion, so I am sure I'll share more in the not too distant future!

Enjoy your day, hopefully you're spending it with people you love and celebrating this wonderful holiday with joy!

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment