Thursday, December 31, 2009

Working in my library....

I'm doing some work on my new "house" today, and reviewing my library! Its a pretty important room after all, its filled with the information and resources I am using to build my understanding and knowledge for my new and exciting life! Since I've been raised with a healthy love of books (thanks Mom!), I'm already off to a pretty nice start, I love buying a nice new book, its better then clothes, or make up, or jewelry (well, maybe not jewelry), buying a new book makes me really, really happy though.

In the past year my personal library has grown significantly and I;m excited to share some of my favorite finds with you all. If you live close enough that you'd like to drop in and borrow one, let me know!

So, here's what's in my library (aka: bookshelf in bedroom, haha)

Come Thirsty, Traveling Light, and Next Door Savior by Max Lucado (A three in one deal)
For the Tough Times by Max Lucado
The Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado
Little House on the Freeway by Tim Kimmell
A Life That Says Welcome by Karen Ehman
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
What Husbands Need by Judy Carden
Simple Country Wisdom by Country Living
100 Ways to Simplify Your Life by Joyce Meyer
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Farm Chicks in the Kitchen by Country Living
The Most Important Place on Earth: What a Christian Home Looks Like and How to Build One by Robert Wolgemuth
Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping: Timeless Wisdom and Practical Advice by Miriam Lukken

These are my informative books, instructional for either Christian life or home life, they're wholesome, good, fun, and insightful. I have many more books that don't quite fit into this category, but its good to have a nice balance in all things in life, libraries included! Recently I've acquired an anatomy and physiology coloring book (thanks Mom), and I'm building a nice cook book collection, some old and some brand new. I've got some good fiction, some very varied fiction, and am always looking to add to that collection. So, for this exciting new year, I will need to make sure that I designate a time each day for reading and enjoying my books and all they have to offer.

Quiet time.

Learning.

Personal growth.

Food for thought.

Quiet time.

Comfort.

Insight.

A laugh.

An escape from the every day grind.

Quiet time. Haha.

The library is shaping up nicely! Feel free to share your book suggestions with me, I'm always looking to add to mine, and I'll let you know if I get a good book that you need to know about too!

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment