Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's almost here!

A new year is about to begin. Facebook status's are buzzing with well wishes for a happy new year to family and friends, there's even a few "I can't wait to see what the new year holds", the coming of a new year is almost like opening a gift. We just can't wait to see the blessings it holds, I think that anticipation is universal.

We like fresh starts. Clean slates. Second chances. We like the prospect of starting new, or getting another shot at a past failure, hoping to get right. A new year is like a "reset" button. Suddenly everything is "coming up" rather then "gone by." New years are refreshing and energizing!

Its no secret I've got big hopes for my new year. I'm hoping to completely overhaul my life with God's help. Inside and out, I want to strip it down to the bones and build it back up again, fortified and energized and built to last. I'm hoping my new year will bring me...

A stronger marriage

More quality time with my kids

Better organizational skills

Better managed finances

Better health

A closer relationship with God

A close knit community and chances to be hospitable

More time connecting with extended family

These are just the things that I want, what about what God wants for my life? That's where the true surprise lies!

I've got big plans indeed. And I think that I can do them, so long as my motives are right and I know who to turn to for support and encouragement. So, I'm one of those people eagerly awaiting the clock to chime midnight and wipe my slate clean, to press my "reset" button.

This blog so far has just been the warm up to the real challenge of changing my life. I've scrapped the surface, but tomorrow the real digging can begin!

Bring on 2010! 2009 was a mixed bag, and I'm not foolish enough to think that 2010 won't bring its share of challenges, but I'd like to think I've learned enough from 2007, 2008 and 2009 to better manage myself during those challenges. Maybe because I've been down some pretty rocky roads in the past, I won't completely go off the road the next time things get rough.

Happy new year everyone. I hope you're excited for it, and have hope for it. I hope that you'll be blessed beyond your expectations, and that your life will be a blessing to others!

Katie

1 comments:

Lisa Stone said...

Love the new look! I hope you and your family have a blessed New Year!!!

Post a Comment