Sunday, March 28, 2010

What it's all about.....


Really. This picture just about sums up why every hardship, struggle and disappointment in life is not enough to take the shine off of how great it is. This picture (and pictures of Landon that will eventually follow) sums up the depth and breadth of God's blessings in my life, and this picture sums up why I will always be grateful and blessed, even when I'm hurting.

Seriously, she's amazing!


I had intended to take pictures of both kids today, but Landon took an earlier then expected nap and missed his photo shoot (hopefully we'll do him tomorrow), so I just did Avery's photos. And while I was editing them, my heart just swelled with love and joy, and a sense of gratitude so big and so powerful, there aren't adequate words to describe it.

Psalm 127:3 says:
3 Children are a gift from the Lord ;
they are a reward from him.


How true it is! Each of my kids, a gift from the Lord, and the most priceless, amazing and irreplaceable gifts I'll ever receive. Uniquely crafted by His design, and lovingly entrusted to our care on earth. How blessed am I?

Avery

Everett

Landon

"Hope"

Blessings. Gifts. Miracles. And what it's all about.

They're fantastic little beings that take the sting out of so many of life's ailments. It's cliche for sure, but it's true, they fill the day up with sunshine! And joy, and laughter, and smiles, and hugs, and kisses and cuddles. At the end of the day I hardly give thought to the messes, fights, dirty diapers, laundry, dishes, tantrums and marker on the new couch ;)

Really!

I'm showcasing Avery's new pictures, but all my kids have stretched and grown my heart, and made me more loving, more grateful, happier and more patient. They've improved me over and over. And I am grateful.

Endlessly.

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment